Swelling in shin. Have lidocaine patch, ankle brace.Will I be okay?

Hi and thank you in advance for any advice. While playing softball last Thursday I was hit by a line drive on my left shin just between my knee and my foot . It hurt real bad and it swelled up right away while I was playing. I iced it when I got home and the swelling went down some. The next day (Friday) I was able to walk around without any problems, but I continued to ice it. On Saturday the swelling had gone down some more and because I am a runner and constantly training for marathons I did my normal long Saturday morning run. I ran 20 miles and although it bothered me a little bit I was able to maintain my normal pace. On Sunday I continued doing my normal activities without any problems, but when I took my shoes off I noticed that my left ankle is swollen and it is all black and blue in the inside of the ankle, from the ankle to the heel. I currently have a Lidocaine patch and an ankle brace on it, and can walk pretty normal although it does hurt some in the ankle inside area where my shoe makes contact with it. I am usually a pretty tough individual, retired from the Army, that is always running marathons, ultra runs, tough mudders, etc... and don t pay too much attention to little pain, but the fact that there is a lot of blood clotting on my ankle has me concerned. Should I keep the ankle brace and patch on or remove it for better circulation? Could there be some damage to my leg/ankle. I have a big marathon I m training for next month, but now I am worried. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013