Swelling in roof of mouth, hard to swallow, strep throat diagnosis. What to do?

The back of my mouth near my throat...on the roof is swollen and feels hard to swallow . I went to the doctor earlier this week and was diagnosed with strep throat . He gave me an anti biotic and just today the swelling began began to occur. The strep throat seems to have gone away but I am now feeling discomfort from this swelling. When I called my doctor to tell them this is def not strep he told me to give th anti biotic a chance to work
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012