Swelling in right knee, under knee cap, redness, sore to touch. Treatment options?

3 days ago my right knee swelled up,just under the knee cap, was warm slightly red and sore to touch. i had been kneeling at work the day before. went to see a doctor that afternoon, he gave me ibuprofen tablets and told me to apply voltaren to the area. the next 2 days my knee was improving but today my knee is much better but my shin is now swollen and slightly red, sore to touch, it is only the shin not my calf . any ideas should i go back to my doctor asap.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012