Swelling in nose, icing, blackened eyes, cure?

my child fail 3 days ago at a play ground and hit her nose . It did not bleed , but it swelled up. I iced it the day of and she did not complain of anything. The following morning the swelling went down a lot, but today under her eyes it looks like she got a black-eyes. What should i do to help the appearance of the black-eyes?
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
Dear Nesslete,

I would like to explain the medical term of black eye first.A black eye is a relatively common result of injury to the face or the head, caused when blood and other fluids collect in the space around the eye; swelling and dark discoloration result-hence, the name "black eye."

A blunt injury to the nose often causes both eyes to swell because the swelling from the nasal injury causes fluid to collect in the loose tissues of the eyelids.

For simple, uncomplicated black eyes, the treatment is symptomatic.( home treatment) , you can give some pain killers for pain management.How ever darkness around the eyes will disappear within 7 days .no need to be panic and do unnecessary intervention.Hope you get the answer