Swelling in lumbar vertebra. Numbing and pain in buttocks and knee joint. Is diagnosis right?

Am 65 years old and had been playing badminton for more then 30 years. Recently had a sprint to the last and lowest lumbar vertebra resulted in swelling to the surrounding tissues. Had a sport specialist check and xray was taken. Guided by the xray the sport specialist is of the opinion the said vertebra is now pressing on the nerves leading to my right legs which is the cause of the mumbing and painfully sensations felt in my button muscles, knee joints area and also the foot area. Since then had been for 2 sessions of chropatric treaments and there is some improvements. My question is do u think the specialist dignostic is right and will the chropatric treatments be able to eventually realign my vertebra and thus free me of all the numbness and pain.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012