Swelling in hand, painful. Had angioplasty done. Is it related to the procedure?

My father had his angioplast done 5 days ago. Since yesterday he has slight swelling in the right hand and is complaining of mild pain too in his right hand and near right shoulder .Though the stent was inserted from the groin area, but the doctor initially tried to do the cath from right wrist . Because he had unbearable pain , the doc stopped the procedure from hand and went with the groin.Is this pain in hand related to the procedure bruisal or something related to heart.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Jun 2012