Swelling in gum from last 1 month

sir i have swelling in my gums and it s too much swelled plz tell s starts about 1 month before.this is like a tumour ....
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 's  Response
hi welcome to health magic

you need to be more specific regarding the swelling is localized or generalized , does it bleed, the region and is it increasing in size also specify the size and if possible u can email me a picture of the swelling at and it is best you consult a local dentist ..wish u a early recovery
take care
dr adarsh desai ( Oral Maxillofacial surgeon & Implantologist)

Dentist Dr. Benley George's  Response
Swelling in the gums can occur due to infection of the gums, or tooth or tumor. You should consult your dentist so that the problem can be identified and appropriate treatment can be obtained.
Dentist, Implantology Dr. Manish Juneja's  Response
Swelling in the gums can be because of many reasons, such as:
a dental infection, traumatic injury, a constant source of irritation in the mouth and many more. what has caused a swelling in your case must be ruled out after proper examination.
if you have a decayed tooth adjacent to the swelling most probably the cause is a periapical infection (infection below the tooth- caused by decay).
you must visit the dentist at the earliest ans get an x ray done. it will help the dentist to localize the cause of swelling and treat it accordingly. please do not delay as the condition can worsen. it seems you have already delayed it by a month.
take care.

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Swelling in the gums may be due to chronic infection due to bad oral hygiene. You need to take oral antibiotics, but first get examined by a Dentist. Don't worry treatment can be done. you will be fine.
Dentist Dr. M.Karthikeyan's  Response
see if its swelling in gums there may be tof two causes one ur tooth may got severe infection and given swelling and other route may ur gums got infected and its swelling dont panic for tumour first consult dental surgeon