Swelling in feet, red spots in legs. Blood sugar elevated. Prescribed Lasix and ferrous sulfate. Should we wait?

My mother is 65 years of age, she is having swelling in her feet for the past four days and also red spots appear in her legs bilaterally, the right is more swollen than left, the doctor took lab tests in which her hemoglobin is 3.8, urine, creatinine and electrolytes are all within normal limits, her randon blood sugar is slightly elevated, her blood pressure was 160/100 the first day and 160/80 the next day. the doctor has prescribed lasix half tablet for 3 days and ferrous sulfate for 10 days. Iis the symptom due to low hemoglobin level, can we wait for a week to see if the symptoms are reducing or should we seek specialist help. she is also taking aten 25 for blood pressure.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013