Swelling in feet, no renal problem. No improvement with dyter-20. Should I continue this tablet?

I am having swelling in my both feet specially ankles. left foot ankle is having more swelling than right one. My Nefrologist doctor has advised dyter-20 - one tablet a day to flush the accumulated fluid in both feet. I am taking this tablet for the last two months. no relief. my doctor says after seeing all tests that i have no renal problem. pl. advise whether I can continue the tab. if so, for how long? what could be the reason of swelling feet ? in the morning when i wake up no swelling is there. Regards
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012

I do not suggest to continue the medicine without guidance from the doctor. It can cause more adverse problems.

If the swelling progresses as the day continues it looks to be dependent edema, most probably pitting type. it is good that the nephrologist also ruled out kidney problems. It is good to rule out other reasons like cardiac problems, liver function and nutritional as well. Consult a Internal Physician now.