Swelling in face after cesi injections for herniated disk. Remedy and its duration??

Hi, I had a series of cesi injections , last one 10-22 for herniated disk . I started to notice face swelling last Friday, it has gotten worse. It s so swollen my eyes feel pressure. Is there anything I can do to relieve the swelling. The pain managment dr. tells me it is a common side effect of the steriods. They say it only last on avg. a couple weeks. I read elsewhere it lasts months (face sweeling). But, the Dr. said it only lasts that long if you have previous hormone imalances, thyroid issues etc. (which I didn t previously have). What would you recommend doing for the face swelling (diuretics work?) and how long is avg. it lasts (swelling of face)? thanks for your help. I m miserable!
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012