Swelling in arms, hands, legs, confirmed it is not lymphedema. What is the cause?

hI! I went to a lymphadema clinic a few days ago, i experienced swelling in my arms, hands and legs. I was tested to make sure i did not have lymphadema. The doctor told me it was not lymphadema. I do have high blood pressure and my blood pressure was slightly elavated 128 over 76. I have a parttime job as a cashier, my legs do swell. Right, I am at my full time job and my legs are swollen. What causes these issues. I am frustrated with the problem and I don't know what to do. Oh by the way, I do wear compression socks. Please help. Any solutions? Thanks
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
HI
Thank fro asking to HCm
If it is first episode of such swelling then you will have to wait for few days, for any other sign and symptoms, most of the time it will pass away with it own, if does not vanish then you need to be examined by the physician to rule out the likely causes, have nice day.
Pediatrician Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern.

Swelling of the hands and legs could be because of various causes. Such generalised swelling of the body occurs in conditions like problem of the heart, liver, kidneys etc. Some times allergy can also be associated with some swelling of the body.
A complete physical examination will help to give a clue regarding the cause. Further investigations will help to identify the cause.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics