Swelling in ankles and feet, bruises on shins and calves. Injured and hospitalized previously. Should i be concerned?

I am a 52 year old active woman. I was in an auto accident 3 months ago and my lower legs suffered severe contusions. I was ambulanced to hospital for back, neck and leg trauma and x-rayed immediately after wreck, showing no fractures. Still have bruising on both shins (left most severe), and back of calves. I was unable to walk well for a couple of weeks. Have continued to see doctor, but nothing has been done until this last visit, transdermal cortisol treatment. No change noted. Just visited Walt Disney World and legs also continue to swell very badly (ankles and feet) with mild walking (shopping, park walks over an hour, etc.). Should I be worried?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013