Swelling, bruising in shin after being hit. Continuing normal physical activity. Contusion or fracture?

I took a really bad hit to my shin. I was wearing thick plastic shinguards lined with foam and from the hit I still managed to get swelling and bruising. Walking for like five minutes, my shin muscles tighten up so quick and feel like shin splints on that leg. Its been a week since the injury and theres no bruise but still a bump. It didnt hurt until pressure was applied to the site and now it can be touched without instant pain at a certain site. Is it a contusion or could it be fractured? I have been doing physical activity since getting hit.
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012