Swelling, bloating, pain in stomach. Ultrasound shows white spot on kidney. Kidney stone or cancer?

I had an abdominal ultrasound this morning because i have been getting severe swelling, bloating, pain in my stomach especially in my lower back of a night like inside. On the ultrasound this morning on my left kidney was a white spot and the radioligist was particularly interested in it and took many many pictures of it.
I have been looking on the internet and its possible it is a kidney stone but they said they usually past, this has been the case for about 3 years and its getting worse. Could it be cancer?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013