Swelling around the fingers, red marks on the palm, pain in the bottom of the feet and fingers after lifting heavy weights. Reason and treatment?

Hi doc, Whenever I lift some heavy left mental object such as a metal table or do some pull ups using a bar, i get extreme pain in my palm and sides of my fingers. I notice some swelling around my fingers and some red marks in my palm. I even pain in bottom of my foot area between sole and fingers. Can you please tell me what is this and what should i do for it.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Hi welcome to HCMForum. as you describe the pain and swelling is not present on pressure but occuring when your hands come in contact with the iron. so it suggests that you are allergic to iron, when ever you come in contact with iron you will get such changes.
I advise you to consult a physician when there is pain he will diagnise and give treatment. There could be rise in eosinophelia when there is reaction and that is also to be treated.
Besides i advise you some diet recomendations as take more of green leafy vegetables fruits and juices. avoid taking brinjal and sea foods. thanks for calling.