Swelling around ankles, cannot elevate the feet. On Alodipine, had subarachnoid hemorrhage. Use rum to cope stress. Causes ?

I had a subarachnoid haemorrhage five months ago and now have swelling around my ankles. I am on 5 mg of Alodipine a day and my blood pressure has been well controlled, always under 130/80. I commute four hours a day and work 8 hours, five days a week. Consequently I cannot elevate my feet for 13 hours a day. Am I working too hard after this stroke thus causing the puffiness around my ankles or is it the Amlodpine. For the first three months post stroke I had no ankle swelling. I have been having the occasional rum to cope with the stress of work, could this be contributing as well? I am 57 years old and was told in hospital that my heart and kidneys are fine.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013