Swelling and pain in the side of the hip after a fall. Is it due to the deep tissue bruising?

Hi - I fell down about 5 stairs at home yesterday morning and am able to walk - stand on one foot and easily move the other leg around, actually walked for about 2 hours after the fall ....there is some swelling and no visible bruising yet but I am experiencing a sharp burning pain occasionally on the right side of my buttocks - when I landed - I took a hard hit to the right side of my torso from just below my last rib down. I have been icing regularly - is this just deep tissue bruising I am feeling? regards,
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012