Swelling and pain in leg, done color doppler test. Should I walk frequently?

sir my age is 20 weight 87 kg.recently i got swelling and pain in my limb of left leg below knees doctor suggested colour doopler says that blood is not circulating from down to up is i get hospitalised for 4 day the treatment consist of drip, injections and medicines now its 10 days i take rest at home my pain is gone completely but there is some swelling doctor suggested me dvt stocking socks.should i walk now frequently?what precautions should i take?and what exercise to do?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012