Swelling and pain in foot, redness, joint pain, high BP. Taken medication. Help?

Hi I am 58 year old male. I have sudden onset of swelling and pain on the top of my left foot with a redness. The toes are not swollen, nor are the toe joints, nor is the ankle and there has been no injury. I have had 2 other incidents of this with this foot... I have high bllod pressure and take medication for this as well as 81 mg low dose asa.
I do not drink or smoke.

Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
The sudden swelling and pain on the foot is likely to be due to an inflammatory cause. Taking a mild pain killer and doing a hot fomentation in the area will help in the symptoms in next few days. Avoid weight bearing on the foot till then.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal