Swelling and pain after injury to the knee. Need medical attention?

Hello i m 19 & When I was cooking earlier I opened the oven door with my foot because i had my hands full and it flew open & the meatel door corner smacked me in the knee wich took a little skin off it really hurt but it was only a little sore but now it has started to swell ( hours after the injury ) and feels like I have a massive bruse on my knee P.s I have been doing dance for 15 years and got told 3-4 tears ago to see a knee specialist dident go because u couldent get there is that bad ?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012