Swelling and pain after fall, ankle bruising. Have RA. Should I get this checked?

I fell going up some stairs 2 weeks ago. I still have swelling and pain at the injury spot. However, I also have a large amount of brusing that is all around my ankle. It is black, purple and frankly looks like the kind of bruising you get with a fracture . My issue is my ankle does not hurt. Initially I thought it was just the blood draining from my injury. I should mention that I have RA and have been on long term steriods now for 6 years. Do I need to get this checked out. The pain has gotten better and the brusing appears to be getting better too. Do you think I should get this looked at?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012