Swelling and itching around lip line. No relief from antihistamines. Advice

I've had a problem (twice now) with my lips swelling and itching. My first experience was a couple of months ago and the symptoms didn't go away for several weeks. It felt like I was going to get a cold sore, but a lesion never appeared and the swelling and itching weren't localized to any particular area. The swelling seems to get worse over night, and the itching is mainly around my lip line and is the worst during the day. I thought it was a new toothpaste I'd started using about the same time so I discontinued it. It took a while, but the symptoms went away and I thought all was well. However, a few days ago, they started swelling again. I thought it was because I was out in the sun and had burned my lips, but they've never reacted like this when I've burned them before.
I've been taking an antihistamine, but it doesn't appear to be doing anything. I haven't begun eating any new foods. I've only cut out all added sugars to my daily diet and avoid artificial sweeteners, too. Do you have any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013