Swelling and bruise in front of ankle due to injury 2 weeks ago, Lump under ankle, Pain severe

Hi, I hit the front of my ankle 2 weeks ago forcefully against a wooden step. I didnt not break open any skin however it the swelling was instant and it took about 3 days for bruising to appear. I have rested my foot the past few weeks and the bruising has gone down however from my ankle to my knee still quiet badly hurts and where i hit my ankle has a large lump under the skin that is quiet painful to touch and when clothing touches it. What might this be?
Asked On : Thu, 3 May 2012