Swelling above the incision area post back surgery, seems to worsening with time. Normal?

51/2 weeks ago i had back surgery: dynesys S1, L5 & L4 as well as a laminectomy of L5 and L4. I have a 7 inch incision on my back which healed up well, however i have noticed a swelling/bulging of the area above and around the top of the incision. Seems to be worsening over past couple weeks. Painful and hot to the touch, i would imagine it s inflammation, but it is always there and worse when i am up for a few hours. Ive been icing it and taking anti-inflammatory meds. I have lifted more than the 10 lbs i was told was the max to lift for the 6 - 8 weeks and am worried i may have caused injury to myself. Is this normal or should i be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012