Sweating, body ache, severe cough, sore throat, head ache. No improvement with medicines. Any home remedies?

I have had sweating, achy body, bad cough , chills, sore throat and head aches and jaw aches for 5-6 wks. now. I tried nightquil, dayquil, aleve , 10 days of cipro, Alegra-D and I still feel like crap and I have shortness of breath. I went to the doctor and had blood work done and spent $250 that I don t have. I have no insurance and no job. What would be a good home remedy for me besides suffering like I have? Or what do I have? When I eat, lie down, or talk I cough bad.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012