Sweating and dizziness after taking Lidocaine for dental filling. Should I take Carbocaine?

50 years old - same dentist for 30+ years. No problems , no anxiety. 2 months ago go for filling - topical benzocaine; injected lidocaine . Weird reaction - sweating, dizzy, just felt bad. Dentist noticed and stopped the procedure. Got allergy tested for lidocaine - skin test negative, but upon injection - flet same. Allergist said NOT an allergic reaction but suggested a challenge with carbocaine. Carbocaine fine - no issues at all. Go back to dentist - topical benzocaine applied and again same weird feeling only not as severe as first time. Dentist again stopped. He wants me to come back another day and jsut go straight to the carbocaine injection without topical. Does this seem reasonable - woudl both benzocaine and lidocaine cause this reaction and if not allergic reaction , is it a dangerous reaction?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013