Swallowing difficulties, done blood work, no heart burn. Laryngopharyngeal reflux?

Dear Doctor I am a 41 year old male who suffers from symptoms of swallowing difficulties when eating coupled with asthma . I find it difficult to eat sitting down and have difficult sleeping as it feels I need to be constantly swallowing. I have had a breath test to test for a bacteria associated with an ulcer however that came back negative. I also had my full blood work analysed and it also came back in good order. I am finding it difficult to eat however I am hungry and have always had a good appetite. At times when I don t eat the swallowing problem becomes worse. I have been to my doctor 3 times complaining of this problem but have yet to get a sufficient response. I have recently been prescribed Nexium tablets. As this matter has been of concern to me I have undertaken my own research onr reflux and the symptoms I suffer largely mirror those encountered with Laryngophayngeal Reflux (LPR). I do not suffer heartburn however from my reading this is quite common with this illness. Since undertaking my research I have attempted to limit my intake of food/drink high in acids however this does appear to limit what one can consume. Can you please provide your thoughts? Kind Regards
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012