Swallowed whole sweet. Cough, breathlessness. If it went down air pipe, would it pain a lot?

I threw some sweets into my mouth earlier today and a smartie lodged in the back of my throat , the only thing I could do is swallow it! It felt a bit uncomfortable like it would if you took a tablet without water. I have a cough anyway but since this has happened my chest has got worse and my cough has gone more chesty and I seem more shorter of breath! If it had gone down the wrong hole would the pain have been excruciating? I never coughed when it happened and before I had the sweets I took a big breathe in. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012