Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Swallowed mosquito repellent liquid, precautions ?

hi dr i have drink the mosqutio liqiuid now wht i should do to remove it that posion
Asked On : Fri, 10 Feb 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1445
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Please do not attempt self vomiting and further delay first aid.
The method of removal depends on what is the chemical content of the liquid and how much you have ingested.
If there is any exposure to eyes and skin then wash with lots of water.
If any fumes inhaled and experiencing breathing difficulty rush to fresh air.
If ingested some chemicals are best not vomited since they can cause more damage due to passage in lungs and airways.
So please contact your physician or emergency room immediately and do take the bottle of poison ingested along with you .
Do not delay as sometimes though there are no immediate symptoms severe pneumonitis or gastritis can start after 5_6 hrs.
Hope I have answered you.
All the best.
Answered: Fri, 10 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor