I swallowed a very large piece of chicken this afternoon while driving-was pulling into my driveway and reached up to press garage door opener and just swallowed it-not chewed at all. I tried to throw up but it was too far down to come back up-I guess. I knew I was in trouble when it happened. It s now 10:30 pm and I can t swallow even water. Lots of saliva and I have to spit it out about every 5 minutes or so. I think it s stuck in my esophogus and it hurts and I m not sure what to do. Have tried swallowing water, milk and coke. . . after googling it and looking for solutions. When I try to swallow anything, I just throw up the liquid plus lots of saliva. At this rate, I m going to need fluids. I hesitate going to the ER for fear of what they will do. Suggestion?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012