Swallowed coin, spleenomegaly, blood transfusion, haemolytic jaundice. Is al problem due to coin?

one of my friend of age 22 swallowed a 1.5 cm diameter coin in her child hood... at the age of 10 she developed spleenomegaly nd he was treated by blood transfusion.. last month again she developed hepatospleenomegaly nd now she has haemolytic jaundice.. doctors did blood transfusion 4 days back tomoro they are plannin for other transfusion and then a surgery... do u think dat the coin might hav caused any pathology???
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013