Swallowed chicken bone, sensation of something stuck in throat. Bone stuck in esophagus?

I swallowed a small piece of Popeyes chicken bone tonight. It went through slow but I m pretty sure it went down. A couple of hours later I m feeling a sensation of something being there. Could this feeling be from when the bone was pushed through or could it be that the bone is still lodged in my esophagus? No pain or trouble breathing .
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, most of the times the foreign body brushes with the mucosa of food passage and produces small abrasions and lead to edema in that region. This gives sensation of something stuck in the throat. Use of Proton pump inhibitors and mucain gel helps in this. In case the problem does not go, please get an xray soft tissue neck done and bone will show a shadow in it. Regards