Swallowed bone. Had a bowel movement. Still stuck in esophagus?

I am a 52yr old female. While on break, at work, last night....I inadvertently swallowed a sliver of a chicken bone that was inside my mashed potatoes. It was lodged in the right side of throat, I started gagging, but other things came up, it did not....the bone fragment went down into my esophagus . The rest of the night, I could feel pressure just above the cardiac sphincter . No nausea , or vomiting, although I feel like something is in the left side of my throat, and I dry cough a few times. I ve eaten bread and drank plenty of fluids....but it is still there. I have already had a small bowel (jejunum) 6 inch resection from a vag/lap assisted hysterectomy in July 2007, and then a 7 inch large bowel (left side- Transverse to descending) colon resection Feb 2008. I am having some small amounts of burping, with this pressure and throat pressure w/cough.....but no severe admoninal pain. Will this bone sliver, dissolve on it s own, if it is stuck in the esophagus? Thank you for any assistance
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012