Swallowed a staple. Internal damage? No abdominal pain, throat normal

I think I may have swallowed a staple about an hour and a half ago (not sure if it was open or closed). I am worried about if this could cause any Internal damage? I ve eaten a sandwich since but not had any fluids. I don t have any abdominal pains and my throat feels fine; although I m struggling to make out if something feels stuck there or if it is just my imagination because of the worry. I pass stool rarely (about once a week) so I am wondering what symptoms to look for and when I would be sure to be in the clear ?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012