Swab shows pus cells in vagina. Previously had thrush. How likely is it that I have STD?

Hello, I have just has a swab and they said they have seen more than 20 pus cells in my vagina . They couldn t see any ghonnorhea or chlamydia under the microscope so it has been sent off for testing. I have had thrush for the last ten days which they said may be the reason. How likely is it I have an STI? If I do, do I need to tell my most recent partner with who I had PROTECTED sex with? What is the likelihood I gave it to them? (or that they gave it to me) Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012