Suture removed after ankle surgery. Yellow serum started oozing from wound. Is it inflammatory trauma from surgery?

Following suture removal of ankle surgery - the wound started oozing yellow serum . The doctor says it is probably joint fluid. My body seems to keep generating it - as it s been a month. He wants to wash and irrigate it - open it up surgically again. My concern is - what is the cause? He believes it is inflammatory trauma from surgery. There is no infection or pocketing of the fluid. How do I know it won t regenerate after the wash?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012