Suspicion of hyperthyroid. What precautions should be taken to prevent or contain this?

Hi Doctor, I would like to query about the hyper thyroid which my wife diagonised during her last medical test(few weeks back) conducted in India. Doctors said that she is not reached to that extent however the results indicates that she might suffer hyper thyroid in the days to come. Could you please advise me what are the precautions are to be taken by my wife in order to contain this or to prevent from this disoder? Are there any diet to be practised or any treatment?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012