Suspected CIDP. Weakness in limbs. Collected spinal fluid. Prescribed Prednisone

Hi, very recently my husband got diagnosed as suspected CIDP . His arms and lags become very week. Doctor tapped the spine and collect the fluid, but found the protein level within normal limit. His muscles in arms become very loose, soft which is not looking normal. In the last 3 months, he fell down 3 times, which was manageable for any normal human being. I need to be sure about his health status and about the available treatment facility. Now, he has given prednisone with a high doze (60 mg/day).
Asked On : Sun, 25 Nov 2012