Surgery scheduled for ACL reconstruction. Suggested to choose between hamstring ligament and LARS surgery. Opinion?

Im scheduled for surgery this monday for an acl re-construction. The orthopedic surgeon offered me the "old" hamstring ligament and the LARS surgery. I still can decide which way to go as there seems to be many other surgeons in Australia still saying use the the hamstring ligament. My main interest in the LARS is the recovery time for return to work and sport, but the concern is that it is an artificial ligamant in the body and the lack of long term research and usuage of LARS. I know you can't tell me which way to go, but ypu might be able to give me more information.
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013