Surgery on lateral meniscus, have large hard mass, extremely painful. Is it infected?

I just had surgery on my right lateral meniscus two days ago. I had my left done 6 weeks ago and it is healing well. The right, however is having trouble. I have a large hard mass just above my knee cap at the base of my muscle that is extremely painful. Pain meds give no relief. I can't move or even jostle the leg without extreme pain up to my hip. It isn't discolored, so I don't feel it is infected. it also is not liquid that I can tell by touch. any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013