Surgery for sacro illiac joint, pain radiating to the leg, advised to take facet joint injections. Advice?

Hi... I have a problem with my sacro illiac joint for at least two years (following bursitis for which I subsequently had an operation for but still having pain in left hip even after extensive excercise and steriod injections ). I get pain from the left si joint down my buttock, hip, groin, and leg. I have been referred to the pain clinic with a view to having facet joint injections but have reservations re this, please advise. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012