Surgery for lumbar scoliosis, spinal nerves increased, severe pain. Effects on pregnancy?

Hi,I am 25 years old female . I underwent surgery 8 years ago for symptoms with severe lower back pain and pain radiating to leg ,unable to stand .I barely recollect the words lumbar scoliosis , sciatica in my record .I also remember that the nerve originating from spinal cord has increased in lenght and that extra bit is applying pressure on the nerve and hence the pain .Now when I strain my back by bending forward I get severe pain later which lasts for few days .Please advice if this is serious condition in future especially during pregnency period? Will regular back exerceises help in long run
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012