Surgery done to fix a hiatus hernia in chest. Developed cough with mucus. Should I be concerned

i had majory surgery dec.03 - to fix a hiatus hernia in my chest that was larger than my stomach - that was removed and the esophogus was exented by two inches - i was released from the hospital dec.09 . At home, recovery has been slow and painful - this morning i developed a cough that loosened the mucus in my chest- however it is getting more persistant. It is starting to hurt when i cough, should i be concerned
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012