Surgery done, on local anesthesia, lighting in stomach and swelling in face. Is this due to anesthesia?

I had a three hour surgery on Tuesday I was put under general anesthesiathe surgery was on my foot it was a lot of cutting my ankle with broken my great day was broken phone was cut out screens replaced in just to name a few thingsI was in the hospital the following two days on IV fluids my question as I seem to have retained a lot of water in my other ankle a lot of lighting in my stomach and swelling in my face could this be caused from the anesthesia or the fluids
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Hi there,

I sympathize with you for the problems.

Transient swelling over ankles after surgery is common. It will disappear soon.

Yes, transient swelling over face and ankles do occur at times, due to IV fluids. It too will disappear over the next few days.

Consult your treating doctor if swelling persists for more than 10 days after surgery.

Hope I have answered your query.

Dr. Rakesh Karanwal