Surgery done for broken jaw, screws came loose, sticking into gums. Cause of worry?

hi. i had surgery roughly about 10 years ago on a broken jaw. Five or six months later one of the screws came out but there was no pain or discomfort only a small sore, i did not seek medical advice on that occasion. Now ten years later another screw has come out and i can feel another head of a screw sticking through my gum, should i be worried?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012
Dentist 's  Response
I read your problem,you did not mention that do you have any sort of pain or discomfort,if not nothing to get worried.
that time screws were fitted for the stability of broken jaw,and now the healing has been completed,so nothing to get worried.if you have any kind of pain or discomfort,i will suggest you visit your dentist as soon as possible.otherwise nothing to get worried.
take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response
hello and welcome to health care magic,
i have read your had undergone inter dental plating with wiring screws.please do visit your oral surgeon and get it re-done or repaired.once the screws gets loosened your plating also will get damaged.
as one of the screw is sticking through the gum,it can cause gingival tearing .this will later on needs treatments like,shaping of gingiva.hope you get well soon.