Summer cough, phlegm, difficulty breathing. History of allergies, sinus problem. Treatment?

Hello, My family and I have had a summer cough . The kids have basically gotten over it, but I, on the other hand have symptoms which seem to have gone another direction. For example, I m basically fine all day. However, once I go to bed it seems that fluid builds up in my lungs. Haven t done this before now though I do have allergies and sinus problems. Last night I went to sleep around 10 p.m. and by 12:30 p.m. was awake, coughing and felt as though I couldn t breath. Musinex has become my best friend, but you can t take it all the time. I do take BP meds though they are very low dosages. I walk daily and am somewhat active. Any answers?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012