Suicidal thoughts, trying to get hold of someone, calling excessively. What should be done?

I have this friend, he s 20. We were roommates last year in college. His father died unexpectly with a heart attack . He has now talked about and is seeing a therapist for suicide thoughts (no attempts). He has seem to consume my life. I try hanging with my girl friend and he calls me excessively. Anytime I am involved in doing something without him, he s trying to get ahold of me. I am extremely concern that if I don t answer him, he will commit suicide. My parents are concerned that he is going to bring me down. What am I suppose to do
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012