Suggested thallium scan after angiography too. Significance?

My father just had an angiography. The results show a couple of narrowed vessels. We shall discuss in detail with doctor today. However, a month before angiography, doctor did thallium scan on my father.. By analyzing the results of thallium scan, he recommended angiography. Now, rite after angiography, he has not suggested angioplasty etc. rather has advised another thallium scan?

What is the significance of a thallium scan before and after angiography? Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013