Suggested for removal of the Gall bladder. EKG test shows fast pulse rate and overweight. Can I get the surgery done?

I m 21 years old and may need to get my gallbladder out. I m pretty nervous though as I m really not very active and have what I assume is a weak heart. Within the last year or so I have gotten an EKG and my doctor noticed that I have a fast pulse but didn t seem otherwise too concerned with it. I m also overweight and I m worried that all these things may combine badly if I do end up needing surgery. So I guess my question is if I do end up needing surgery do they do tests to make sure I ll be ok with the anesthesia and everything? I ve had several MUCH more serious surgeries when I was younger but as I ve gotten older I ve gotten less and less active and the thought of going under really scares me. Not the procedure itself but the whole being put to sleep thing
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013