Suggested Duoluton as birth control. Any side effects? Had abortion

i am a married woman.I got pregnant within 4 months of my marriage.I am 20 years i do not want a baby i took medicine within the first month of pregnancy and then after some days i had my periods.After a month i went to a doctor and told him that i dont want a baby within 1 or 2 years.So he suggested me Duoluton L tablets.He told me to have this tablet from the day 5 of period and continue it. So i want to ask u is it ok for me?Is there any side affects of this tablet?I need a help.I will be very thankful to you if you kindly help me.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Dentist 's  Response

I can understand your concern. Duoluton L contains syntheic hormones that prevents pregnancy even if unprotected sexual course is practised. They are usually pretty to take and women are known to continue it foramy years as birth control pains. In addition to birth control, they also balance hormones making your ovulation and menstrual cycles regular.

Some minor side effects may include minor gastric discomfort and weight changes. If you feel major effects or discomfort while on it, you shoukd contact the gynecologist.

I hope this information helps you. Thank you for choosing HealthcareMagic. Take care.

Dr. Viraj Shah